Keith is a founding partner of Smockum Zarnett LLP. He is an expert trial and appellate lawyer and a frequent advocate at all levels of court. Over the last three decades, he has tried Jury and Non-Jury cases throughout Ontario in the areas of motor vehicle, medical malpractice, property loss, construction and coverage matters. He is Lexpert ranked for both personal injury and commercial insurance , and is a frequent speaker on trial tactics and insurance law. Keith is married with three children and lives in Toronto.
Areas of Practice
- Occupier’s Liability
- Personal Injury
- Punitive Damages/Bad Faith
- Motor Vehicle Accident (tort)
- Trial Advocacy
- Commercial Insurance
- General Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Fire & Casualty
- Professional Negligence
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ontario, 1986
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School, 1984
- Bachelor of Arts York University, 1991
- Keith is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, The Advocates’ Society, American Association for Justice (formerly, the American Trial Lawyers Association), Defense Research Institute, Canadian Defence Lawyers, Medico-Legal Society, and a Trustee with the Toronto Lawyers’ Association.
- Lexpert Legal Directory, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020: One of the most “repeatedly recommended” personal injury litigators, commercial litigators, and insurance litigators in Ontario
- Best Lawyers Canada, 2016, 2017 2018: recognized by his peers as one of the top practitioners in personal injury litigation.