Elizabeth’s insurance defence practice focuses on automobile insurance, including tort, accident benefits, priority disputes and loss transfer. She also handles property claims, subrogation and occupier’s liability claims. Her priority is getting the best results for her client in as efficient a manner as possible with an attention to detail and a proactive approach.
She has appeared in the Ontario Superior Court, the Court of Appeal as well at the Financial Services Commission of Ontario and the License Appeals Tribunal.
Elizabeth has written several papers and appeared as a speaker at numerous legal conferences.
Areas of Practice
- Coverage Disputes
- Occupier’s Liability
- Personal Injury
- Punitive Damages/Bad Faith
- Motor Vehicle Accident (tort)
- Motor Vehicle Accident (Accident Benefits)
- Priority Disputes
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 1994
- LL.B, University of New Brunswick, Faculty of Law, 1992
- Psychology (Hons.), University of Western Ontario, 1998