Troy graduated from the University of Windsor Faculty of Law in 2010. He was called to the bar in 2011.
Troy has a broad civil litigation practice focusing primarily on insurance defence matters in the areas of motor vehicle negligence, occupiers’ liability, property, long-term disability and life insurance claims.
He is an active member of the Canadian Bar Association, Advocates’ Society, Toronto Lawyers’ Association and Canadian Defence Lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Occupier’s Liability
- Trial Advocacy
- Automobile Litigation (tort)
- Coverage Opinions
- Disability Claims
- Fire & Property Loss Defence
- Subrogated Claims
- Commercial General Liability
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ontario, 2011
- Juris Doctor, University of Windsor, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.), Laurentian University, 2007
- Suppa v. Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company, 2013 ONSC 679.
- Bawden v. Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company, 2013 ONCA 717
- Lima v. Moya / Mata v. Moya, 2015 ONSC 324
- Lima v. Moya, 2015 ONSC 2605 (Div. Crt.)
- Green v. Transamerica, 2015 ONSC 5430
- Nadarajah v. Aviva Canada Inc., 2017 ONSC 7522
- T.F. and M.N. by her Litigation Guardian T.F. v. Donna Galloway and the Kawartha-Haliburton Children’s Aid Society, 2018 ONSC 1249