Hirra Gilani is an Associate with Smockum Zarnett LLP. Prior to joining Smockum Zarnett LLP Hirra articled with a boutique civil litigation firm in Waterloo region. She then went on to pursue her LL.M in Law and Technology from the University of Ottawa’s world-renowned Centre for Law, Technology and Society. During her time with uOttawa, Hirra worked with the Canadian Civil Liberties Association’s Privacy, Technology and Surveillance Department.
Hirra also has a nuanced insight into the international arena having interned with the United Nations during her undergraduate degree, and then going on to compete in the International Criminal Court Moot Competition held in The Hague, Netherlands, during law school. Coupled with her commendable academic background as a two-time academic award-winning student and three-time scholarship recipient, which is a testament to her tenacity, grit, and self-discipline, Hirra will go the extra mile to achieve the best possible outcome for her clients.
Areas of Practice
- Occupier’s Liability
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accident (tort)
- Trial Advocacy
- Coverage Opinions
• Admitted to the Law Society of Ontario, 2021
• LL.M, Law and Technology, University of Ottawa, 2022
• LL.B, Kingston University, London, 2017
• M.A, Political Science, Western University, 2015
• B.A, Political Science with Research Specialization, Wilfrid Laurier University, 2014